Logic Pro Freeze happens every time I launch a certain song

Markdvc

Administrator
Staff member
Without any other information it is not really possible to even take a wild guess....
Can you upload the logic project somewhere so we can take a look at it?
Please also provide details of your system, and peharps go into some more detail about the problem you are experiencing.

kind regards

Mark

Upvote 0

Mbelekete

Thank you for your reply.

Sorry for my English, I meant that every time I open that particular song and press "play", an alert says "Freezing..." and the time line scrolls for 2 minutes or so, which is what freezing a track does but AFAIK should only happen once. If it's an innocent bug I could live with it, only I fear it might be related to Logic's recent tendency to crash at the end of a bounce which is much more of a pain. Before investigating into that I wanted to make sure the repetitive re-freeze wasn't due to a quickly fixable human error. I already noticed that the refreezes and crashes happen wherever the songs and bounce folders are situated.

Macbook Pro 2012 16gb Mojave
Babyface with latest suitable drivers
Logic 10.5.1
Ableton Live 10 (apparently not affected)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Markdvc

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks for the extra information. What is on the track that is being frozen? If it is audio, you might want to look at where the audio file is located, and if its permissions are OK.

kind regards

Mark

Upvote 0

Mbelekete

Thanks for the extra information. What is on the track that is being frozen? If it is audio, you might want to look at where the audio file is located, and if its permissions are OK.

kind regards

Mark
Since that freezing happens not after a command but spontaneously - the first time I press play after loading the song - there’s no way to know which track is concerned.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Mbelekete

Like you suggested I checked pemissions on the audio files of the project, they all allowed me to read and write but just to be sure I allowed also "staff" and "everyone". No more spontaneous freezing. Also after 4 hours of work I have yet to see a system overload (which were common before) or Logic crashing after bounce. The remaining problem is that after some bounces Logic outputs no more sound (although the transport commands still function) and the songs in iTunes refuse to start.

Last edited:
Upvote 0