Logic Pro 9 getting track display, keyboard display and tempo display to show up with plug ins

mike47

Logician
Would someone please tell me how to get a/the keyboard, tempo and track to display at the bottom of the virtual instrument being used in Logic, such as Spectrasonics Stylus RMX. This will enable me to sync the virtual instument to logics tempo using the tempo display, the displayed keyboard will let me see the notes that are being depressed to activate (MIDI) notes that trigger the audio samples in the virtual instrument and the track display will let me see the MIDI data that is being recorded. I need these three items to appear below the virtual instrument on the monitor. Please advise.

You can open multiple windows and put them on screen as you need them. Some can be opened as floating windows (hold the alt key when you open them). Windows have their minimum size, some let you hide top and/or bottom parts, some let you configure their internal display elements.

You may not attain an arrangement in accordance with your aesthetical requirements:

20120504-djg6f9dxpyagskujus2qis4mgf.jpg

1. Plugin interface
2. Configured Environment window with a keyboard
3. Configured Transport window
4. Configured Arrange window

Please note:

• For the screenshot above I chose a separate Transport window because the Arrange window with transport has the same height than without. It was better to show more of the track area.
  • Depending on their type you can have windows behind others but this makes only sense for those you never click on. Otherwise they will jump into the foreground anyway.
  • You should save such an arrangement as a screen set because it takes a while to get it right.
  • I trimmed the right side of the screenshot. The Arrange window cannot be that narrow.

Hope this helps.

Upvote 0
Thanks Peter, I sincerely appreciate your input. By the way what are the key commands to open the specific individual windows that you have listed (the keyboard, tempo and track)? Thanks for your help, Mike 47

Upvote 0
... what are the key commands to open the specific individual windows that you have listed (the keyboard, tempo and track)?
Keyboard: It isn't a window type. The little keyboard is an Environment object and you create it in an Environment window. The keyboard must be connected to the Sequencer Input to trigger the software instrument. And it needs a connection from the Physical Input object if you want to see what you play on a real MIDI keyboard. Consult the manual.

Tempo: This is a Transport window configured to display just a couple of elements.

Track window? This was not really a question, was it? You should be familiar with the Arrange window ;)

Shortcuts: Look into your "Window" menu.

Upvote 0
Usually, most plugins (if not all of them) offer a Sync option that makes them slaved to the hosting DAW (Logic for instance)...

Upvote 0
Back