Going Pro With Logic Pro 9

Congratulations! I just looked through the table of contents and it looks like you have really dug into the nitty gritty. Looks great!!

Logic Customization

I was really delighted to see (I took the Amazon 'Sneak Peek') that you devoted the first chapter to customization, and that you seem to cover it so well : )

So many of my customers are still starting Logic from the blank template, and they are setting up the tracks they need every time, and to add insult to injury, they perform very little customization over the interface. It is soooo much more creatively productive to spend the time tweaking Logic and bending it to your will. When I fire up Logic I launch a template that immediately allows me to bang away on Maschine, complete with effects and individual outs, and a useful kit for the style of music I do, and a Mastering stereo out created, so that everything just sounds really great and I do not have to spend too much time setting things up. I've also created an instance of Absynth (it's my favorite synthesizer...) so I can plunk in some synth lines easily. Any instrumentalist or composer can work this way and benefit from it, anything at all can be saved into a template!

Jay,

It looks very good. It digs into a lot of areas people ALWAYS have questions about or could use a tip or two to improve their technique. Nice stuff - I'm going to pick up a copy!

Back