Logic Pro (X) Good Learning Resources Logic 10.5.1 (Beginning to Expert)

jpaudio

Logician
Greetings, I used to be a logic user in the late 90's. Just coming back from Pro Tools, for composition reasons. Need to get back up and running with all the new features. Please advise good practical resources, aside from the Logic pdf's that you would recommend. Greatly appreciated...!

What I have looked at so far:

I also just subscribed to a posting from the LUG:

You'll find a very large library of Logic tutorials at Groove3. Most of them are done by people who know Logic very well. For $15 you can get unlimited access for a month and binge. If you want something to read, have a look at the GEM series by Edgar Rothermich. Unlike the Apple manual that goes into great detail about what you can do, but often forgets to tell you how to do it, GEM gives you a huge amount of detail on how to do things.

Upvote 0
You'll find a very large library of Logic tutorials at Groove3. Most of them are done by people who know Logic very well. For $15 you can get unlimited access for a month and binge. If you want something to read, have a look at the GEM series by Edgar Rothermich. Unlike the Apple manual that goes into great detail about what you can do, but often forgets to tell you how to do it, GEM gives you a huge amount of detail on how to do things.

Upvote 0
YouTube channel musictechhelpguy is great. The Lynda.com course with Scott Hirsch is great too. I have the Udemy course and don’t recommend it. it’s too focused on one genre to be useful in general.

EDIT this guy is great too. Mikael Baggström

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I would recommend the YouTube channel Why Logic Pro Rules
For me as a logic user since emagic notator sl times there were still some tricks and workflows there I didn’t knew.
Thanks for adding this resource. I finally went with:
Groove3 monthly subscription @ 15/month (Will go through as much Logic material as possible.)
Logic Pro & Music Courses - Graham English ($37 for the complete membership)
Youtube Channels
Concurrently reading the manual from top to bottom

I used to sponsored by Logic before they sold to Apple. It's a completely different program now.
20201129_184326.jpg
20201129_184240.jpg

Upvote 0
Along with the very good resources you have already looked into, I would suggest Edgar Rothermich's GEM Manuals:

kind regards

Mark p.s. I still have the old ring bound Logic manual stored somewhere, back from the early 90s. As you say, Logic Pro X is in many ways a different beast, although the environment is still there, if a little in the background :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Along with the very good resources you have already looked into, I would suggest Edgar Rothermich's GEM Manuals:

kind regards

Mark p.s. I still have the old ring bound Logic manual stored somewhere, back from the early 90s. As you say, Logic Pro X is in many ways a different beast, although the environment is still there, if a little in the background :)
Thank you. I will bookmark take a look at his manuals. Logic rocked back then and now I am looking forward to digging deep again.

Upvote 0
Back