Group Buy suggestion = Radius

ttoz

sorry to go OT, but which would be the correct place to make a REQUEST for the next group buy?

(ADMIN: I have moved it here)

if anyone is wondering, it's radius. I think we all need it for logic, but it's way too much at $400(especially in these times)with no possiblity of buying it anywhere else other than direct download at izotope.

Orren Merton

Logic Samurai / Administrator
Staff member
You can always ask! :) We'll follow up, but it may or may not be possible. In the case of iZotope specifically, their plug-ins are distributed by M-Audio, so they might have signed a contract that would prohibit such things. I really don't know.

So the bottom line is, we encourage suggestions, but since it's not up to us ultimately, we can't guarantee anything other than effort.

Thanks!
Orren

Hi :)

I agree, the current price of Izotope Radius for Logic is too much.

It's integrated in Pro Tools LE, which makes 400 dollar for the Logic version a bit overpriced.

A group buy would be great and I'm sure it would be a huge success!

If there is a reasonable discount I would definitely buy!

ttoz

Anyone else would want this??

I wonder if M-audio have any say in this since it's the only izotope product not offered out of their own website??

Markdvc

Administrator
Staff member
It varies, depending on what the developer wishes or is prepared to negotiate with us. While we usually aim for a best discount of around 40% or (not always possible) better with software, due to manufacturing, logistical and other costs, hardware (we did a group buy with metric halo in 2006 for their superb audio interfaces) cannot be discounted by this amount.

FYI, here is a list of previous group buys:

http://www.logic-users-group.com/index.php?q=previous-group-buys.html

kind regards

Mark

I bought Ozone 4, recently.

So I decided today to write to the iZotope support and asked for a group-buy.

I will keep you informed about the answer as soon as possible.
Perhaps we could count the persons who are interested in the product already?

Greets
Marcus

all dreams are gone.

Our entire team at iZotope works very hard on all of our products and most of our users will agree that the quality of our algorithms in all of our products offered is outstanding and worth far, far more than we choose to charge. We as a company believe that software should be available to all users and that mindset is already taken into great consideration, and reflected in our posted pricing of our products. We also do not believe in making it a nightmare for our legitimate users to own, authorize, and use our software and put every effort into continually making the process better and easier for everyone. We do occasionally run promotions for certain products however if there are no promotions running, there is unfortunately no discounted or group pricing that I can offer.

$399 MSRP is a very affordable price for the Radius algorithm. Radius can also be found in other products such as Digidesign's X-Form plug-in, Cakewalk SONAR, as well as Elastic Time inside of Pro Tools 7.4+ all of which are a testament to the quality of the algorithm. There is unfortunately no discounted, group or promotional pricing currently available for Radius. I apologize for the inconvenience.
"

Sincerely,
Jack
we have to accept that, sorry.