Logic Pro guitar performing

a&m

hi all folks here, I'm still wondering about using the pitch bend just for bending notes around the melodies, but is there a way to manage completely free this feature? I'm always forced to few some tones... maybe I'm not using it in the right way, thanks for reading since far, see you soon.

You can either bend single notes on your guitar by stretching one string across the fretboard, usually one or two semitones, sometimes three if you're David Gilmour. You can use the Tremolo arm to bend chords, or to dive up from below into a note. You can use a bottleneck to slide across the entire length of the string, completely free.

Upvote 0
hi Chris, thanks for reply me, I wasn't say that using chords, instead using keyboard only, i'm a keyboardist, and i ofte have to play some guitar melodies, alway only using my (lovely) keyboard... thanks anyway, all the best

Upvote 0
I suspect that the question has to do with notes that are played when the pitch wheel is moved. Whether the notes sound like a glissando or a continuous pitch bend depends on the instrument. Tell us which guitar plugins you use, maybe we can give you some tips.

Upvote 0
hi Peter, thanks for the reply, the problem, the goal, is to play the guitar on the fretboard, so I need to get the same sound as bending between some notes, but the aim is to do it freely, without any constraints at the moment imposed intervals , do you understand what I mean? As you can see, the sound of the strings is much different from the keys of piano, even if you're using a wonderful plugin, with any magical sound of guitar, the performances are so different, isn't it? maybe it could there be a trick to play the same stile as the cords...
many thanks for reading me since far, all the best

Upvote 0
I know what you mean. But this is not a problem with pitch in general. The PitchWheel sends just data. It is up to the sound generator to change the sound with that pitch bend data. You must tell us which software or hardware you are using for the sounds. Otherwise we can't help you.

Upvote 0
hi all folks here, I'm still wondering about using the pitch bend just for bending notes around the melodies, but is there a way to manage completely free this feature? I'm always forced to few some tones... maybe I'm not using it in the right way, thanks for reading since far, see you soon.
Yes, the pitch bend depends on the library you are using. Some libraries don't even support pitch bend. So I think what you are looking for is "pitch bend range" .. Some libraries are fixed at 1 semitone/tone. Others give you control over the range, from one semitone up to an octave.
For example, the guitar library Shreddage from Impact Soundworks, gives you a possibility to choose the bending range.

Upvote 0
Back