Logic Pro X Guitar volume

Tom Senff

Logician
I'm having a major problem with getting enough volume in my guitar parts........ I've tried everything I know........ I'm on the latest version of MAC. I'm using a Garritan guitar patch and have tried upping the volume in the dedicated Garritan mixer...... tried upping the volume with the velocity tool in the piano roll and have also tried upping the volume in the mixer in Logic.......... I've also tried to tweak the EQ........ I can barely hear the guitar sound and when I try to get it higher I get a terrible distortion...... any suggestions would be appreciated!

tom

Pete Thomas

Administrator
Staff member
Is this electric guitar sounds? If you have velocity up reasonably high, and know that the output from your garritan player/mixer (not familar with those) is full, then how about adding a Logic pluigins, especialy amplifier but also compreesor (or just straightpfrward gain. Als pedal board compressor could be useful.

I would not want to rely on the velocity having to be full, because that will of course limit the epxerssivity of the guitar parts.

Tom Senff

Logician
Thanks, Pete! Yes, it is an electric guitar patch from Garritan Sounds...... I'm not at all versed in the usage of the plugins, compressors, etc., but I'll try fooling around with them! Thanks again!
tom