Logic Pro 9 Happy NY guys/

Ming

Logician
Wishes for a happy new year!!
L9 for me is so much better than L8 so my main wish now is for the text-buttons and icons generally to get
bigger and the contrast getting better in the software, recognizing the 62% of the population wearing glasses
and the 75% using some sort of aid, (the ergonomic aspect of it).

Polyphonic midi-scrubbing with the cursor would be good. My work-around for this is the magic Pause-button.
I use Play/Pause instead of Play/stop. The difference is that in pause-mode Logic will scrub anything, midi, audio, forward, backward, you name it. Grab the play-line anywhere (you don't have to go up to the bar-ruler) with the cursor on an empty background-area in the arrange-window or anywhere in the piano-roll editor and pull it gently a bit to the left (cause the playhead is wild the first split second) and there u go. An empty audio-track playing will calm things down generally if you need it. (Set a higher divident for better resolution). Good for checking harmonies for horns/strings etc. And thanks for all your help last year (bowing.)

Happy 2010

Very cool, Ming! Thanks for sharing this! As a former SVP-user, I can appreciate a solid polyphonic scrub ^_^ Seriously, I was about to post a question on scrubbing midi, and this trick/feature? just hit an important part of how I like to edit. Thanks again. Sharing little tips like this really speeds up the learning process for me.

Upvote 0
Finally, an "ah-hah" moment on the scrubbing question.
After reading Ming's contribution, I went to the transport window looking in vain for the Play/Pause button.:brkwl:
Finally I realized I can hit play, then hit pause, and grab the play-line and hear everything in the arrange window.

Perhaps it might be good to suggest we notate this function as play>pause>grab play line. Then minds without thought like mine can grasp the steps required. :rolleyes:

Upvote 0
FWIW, you can assign a key command to the pause function. I use the period key on the numeric keypad. I can't remember for sure if that was a default or a custom assignment.

Upvote 0
I'm pretty sure for those with the extended keyboard that the period is default. Not sure on the laptop keyboard - which drives me nuts as the key locations are so different for key commands - so I bought an extended keyboard for my laptop as well......

Upvote 0
I'm pretty sure for those with the extended keyboard that the period is default. Not sure on the laptop keyboard - which drives me nuts as the key locations are so different for key commands - so I bought an extended keyboard for my laptop as well......

Period is default for Pause on the ext. KB.
Time to get one for my MBP. Pre-Holiday stocking stuffer:D

Hearing voices? Is that with headphones on or off?;)

Upvote 0
There's the old line - "are the voices in my head too loud for you?"

But I actually hear voicings....... honest!

And get a mouse/touch pad with that extended keyboard. You'll find it pretty awkward to (IMHO) to use the extended keyboard and the laptop touch pad.

Upvote 0
There's the old line - "are the voices in my head too loud for you?"

But I actually hear voicings....... honest!

And get a mouse/touch pad with that extended keyboard. You'll find it pretty awkward to (IMHO) to use the extended keyboard and the laptop touch pad.

Voicings! That sounds inverted to me. :D

Excellent advice on track pad plus ext. KB.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0080801/quotes
Check out the quote by the woman in the lunch room...

Upvote 0
Back