Logic Pro 9 Hardware being used (-10203)

Laz

Logician
Using a Mac running Leopard, PTools 8 and Logic Pro ,and everything has been running well for years. Now I suddenly get a warning when opening a project in Logic, Hardware being used (-10203)
Rebooted, chucked preferences but no result.
Anybody got any suggestions?

Hi there, welcome to the LUG.

Is this warning happening with every logic project or just one particular one? Have you tried resetting the Mac - a quick google search for "Hardware being used (-10203)" hinted that a kernel panic might be occurring.

BTW, Leopard is a pretty old OS version - what sort of Mac do you have, and which version of Logic and MacOS are you running?

kind regards

Mark

Upvote 0
Hi Markdvc,
I have tried it with a couple of projects and a new project sadly with the same results. How do I reset the Mac. It is a G4 running Leopard, running Logic Pro 9 and PTools 8.
How do I stop a kernel panic???
Thanks
Laz

Upvote 0
Used "Activity Monitor" and "coreaudiod" shows in red, when I force quit it after a couple of minutes it goes red again. How do I deal with that. Do I have to open the G4 and hold down the button on the motherboard to reset the computer?

Upvote 0
Hmm, I'm not at all familiar with the G4. Perhaps a search for the following terms might throw some light: "reset PRAM, SMC, NVRAM" - but I honestly don't know which of these (if any) may be relevant to your machine. Given it's age, you probably can't rule out the possibility that some hardware component is failing. Perhaps a RAM test might also be sensible?

kind regards

Mark

Upvote 0
Back