Logic Pro 9 Help! I deleted the hip hop master wide setting

Rodney D

Logician
Please help! I am a newbie to logic pro 9. I use the factory pre settings in the mastering section, to master my songs. I don't know how to master but the factory settings are helpful and I use them a lot. I accidentally deleted the Hip Hop wide master channel strip setting from the stereo output channel. It's completely gone and I can't restore it. I have a imac 27" i7 quad core with no external hard drive. If I load my logic pro 9 installation DVD's, what will happen? Will this restore the deleted hip hop wide master channel strip setting? Most importantly, will I lose my beats and custom drum kits I have created? I haven't tried anything because I'm scared I will lose everything I have saved in logic. Somebody please help me?!!!

Another case of RTFM! Or watch a tutorial. If your work is SO important, spend some time prepping so this doesn't happen, right !!??

So here are some answers:

I imagine you accidentally selected "delete channel strip preset" right? Bummer.

Heres a solution: you must have used this setting in more than 1 song, right? Open that song and resave the preset into a location (most likely users channel strip settings as it's the default).

you won't have to reinstall Logic. As far as you loosing your valuable data, that is why we have back up drives and CD's or DVD's: so we can backup important data to them. I suggest you save your personal Logic songs to a folder in a specific location, so you can back it up....

that said, I must warn you: recording and using only one drive (the one where your system is on) can cause the entire drive to become corrupted, and then everything's gone. It has happened to me personally, and I really didn't think it would, on a new Mac laptop that was only used for a couple of months. A drive is only about $100, and it is worth every ounce of inspiration you could loose by not having it.

G

Upvote 0
Thanks a bunch georgelegeriii for the quick response. I can't remember the song I used that setting on. I ask the guys at the apple store about this and they told me to reinstall logic. They said it would not overwrite anything that was already there but would load any missing content. But they didn't sound to sure. Are they right about this? Your right about the extra hard drive. Will get 1 this weekend.

Upvote 0
I dropped the settings into my server:
http://www.utopiaparkwaymusic.com/publisher/lug/Output.zip

Now I'm going to talk you through where to put them. BE CAREFUL and be sure to put them in the correct place...

Open you Mac HD
Open "Library" then "Application Support" then "Logic", then "Channel Strip Settings"...

Take the current "Output" folder that is there, and move it to your desktop, just for safety.

Now take the new "output" folder (it should be in your downloads folder, and if it is still a .zip file, just double click to expand it) and put it into the "Channel Strip Settings" folder.

Your settings file will be back.

Now that you are good again, please do 2 things: Get a backup drive... make a new folder called "Logic Songs" and save all your Logic songs to it rather than into your "Music/Logic" folder, where the system wants to put it.

I would suggest that you might also want to grab the "Logic" folder that you dropped the "Output" file into (yes, the entire folder... it will be big, but your drive should be 1 TB I hope ;-) and drop it into your new external drive. That way, you will have a backup in case anything goes wrong.

The whole data backup process that should be done on a regular basis is another topic all together, but if you do these few things, your kinda covered for the short term.

Hope it helps,

Upvote 0
I did the same thing accidentally selected "delete channel strip preset" but deleted the Broadcast Ready!

In your response:

"Open you Mac HD
Open "Library" then "Application Support" then "Logic", then "Channel Strip Settings"...

Take the current "Output" folder that is there, and move it to your desktop, just for safety.

Now take the new "output" folder (it should be in your downloads folder, and if it is still a .zip file, just double click to expand it) and put it into the "Channel Strip Settings" folder.

Your settings file will be back.

What new "output" folder in the downloads folder?

How can I get Broadcast Ready back?

Thanks,
barneycmaui

Upvote 0
Back