Logic Pro 9 Help! Logic 9.1.8 + Kontakt 5 Printing problem

beljon

Logician
Hello,

I am finishing a score in Logic 9.1.8.
The Logic project contains score regions on separate tracks in the arrange window with just a piano sound (not coming from Kontakt 5).
The 'song' part of the same Logic project has a lot of tracks for itself. That way I can notate the score while hearing the song. One of these song tracks is the software instrument Kontakt 5.

Now when I try to print the score, my whole Mac Pro freezes (not just Logic).
I have to push the button on the front to put it off and restart it.

But when I delete the track with the software instrument Kontakt 5 on it, I can print without any problems!
There are more tracks that use sounds from this Kontakt 5 software instrument, but they don't seem to be a problem (of course there is no sound from these track after deleting the Kontakt 5 software instrument).

So there must be an issue with Kontakt 5 that causes this, but I cannot think of what it is..

Anybody recognizes this? I hope someone can help me!

Thanks,

Gerard

Could it be that your system is simply overwhelmed by that last Kontakt 5 instantiation? Do you have the CPU readout (in the transport bar) spiking?
Posting a screen capture of your Arrange and Mixer window could give us an overview of your project CPU load. Also providing detailed information about your system specs could give us a clue on what your Mac can support...

Upvote 0
Back