Logic Pro help me re-create this sound guys

Kaustub

Hello, guys! I came across the incredible vst plugin "fluid pitch," which is currently offering a fantastic deal during their Black Friday sale. However, I was wondering if it was possible to replicate this fantastic sound using the stock plugins. Can we do it? Please let me know if you can.

link to the amazing sound by fluid pitch -

Peter Ostry

Administrator
Staff member
fantastic sound by fluid pitch
This plugin does not produce sound.

What you hear in the demo videos are synthesizers fed with pitchbend information from the Fluid Pitch plugin. In Logic language we call it a MIDI FX plugin. It calculates pitchbend distances between given notes and generates pitchbend ramps for each note based on incoming MIDI information. You may also call it "controlled polyphonic portamento".

We have no MIDI FX plugin in Logic that can do this out of the box. I can imagine that one may be able to program similar functionality in Scripter, but programming would be very complicated and usage not as convenient as with the Fluid Pitch plugin.

Fortunately we can use this polyphonic pitch manipulation with all Logic synths because all are MPE aware. We just have to unfold the bottom panel of the synth with the > sign and turn on "MIDI Mono Mode". For third party instruments you have to check if they can work with MPE.

There are limitations of course. But to access all possibilities of polyphonic pitchbending you need specialized controllers which cost much more than a plugin and/or may involve programming.

Thank you for bringing this manufacturer to my attention! If it works I will buy the bundle with both plugins because a) I cannot slide chords on my Roli Seaboard with the same precision and b) I want the microtuning of Fluid Pitch.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Peter Ostry

Administrator
Staff member
You can add the Components folder(s) to the scanner path. The scanner does not find all MPE aware third party plugins and of course it does not find Logic instruments.

But you don't have to put the synth into the "Fluid Chords" plugin or standalone app. You can use it as a MIDI processor. You get two "Fluid Chords" plugins, one MIDI FX and one instrument. Plus a standalone app. "Fluid Pitch" is one MFX plugin and a standalone app.

Upvote 0

krishna

Hi there.
Fluid chords has an MFX version in logic, for use with logic synths. Also with the latest version LOGIC 10.7 release , you can directly record the output of Fluid chords MFX and visually see the chord bending data..

Upvote 0