Logic Pro 7 & earlier Help Pleeeeze ~ Anyone with Logic 5, 6 or 7?

Radley

Logician
I have a lot of sequences of original songs I did way back on Logic 4.8 ~ Although I am a happy owner user of Logic X, i cannot import these songs into Logic X without first 'updating' them in Logic 5, 6 or 7 (Mac OS) ~ only then can I finish these projects in Logic X. Are there any kind/smart souls out there who could tell me the best way to do this since I don't own Logic 5, 6 or 7, and they are almost impossible to find. These songs are very important for an upcoming project I will be starting shortly. Any help would be MUCH Appreciated!

Last edited:

doofus

Logician
I have the last version of Logic 7 on my G5, and can convert your stuff. I don't think 5 or 6 will do what you want..you will need to open and then save each song in the final version of Logic 7, and it should then open in Logic X. I've had to do this with many older projects, although to be sure I think I always re-opened them in Logic 9 and re-saved them in Logic 9. After doing that I was able to open them in Logic X. Having said that, they don't always open the way you might remember them; in other words, channel assignments/panning/bussing/etc might be totally f*cked. Plugins that worked in Logic 5 will probably no longer work, etc. But, your files should be there, in the right place. Let me know how much stuff we're talking about-if it's a few folders, no big deal, but if it's gonna be a couple day's worth of work, I'll need to ask for some kind of compensation, but we can work that out.

Upvote 0