Logic Pro X Help with record and space bar functions.

pjp

How do I get the re4cord function, and the space bar to stop going back to the beginning of the project. I want to record from whoever I am in the project, not go back to the beginning. Thanks.

Pete Thomas

Administrator
Staff member
Did you customise any of the key commands?

I just use space bar to stop recording and not go back to beginning and I am fairly certain that is default. If not you have loads of options regarding key commands to do what you want so you can assign what you like to stopping playhead without going back to beginning.

Screenshot 2020-06-30 at 10.51.20.png

pjp

Thanks very much. Mystery solved. When in cycle mode it automatically goes back to the beginning of the cycle region, with record also. How do you reset the key commands to their default settings, I see set everything to default setting except key commands, but no reset key commands to default settings. Thanks very much for the assist, I've only been a LPX user for 4 months so still a lot lot more learning process to go.

Pete Thomas

Administrator
Staff member
When in cycle mode it automatically goes back to the beginning of the cycle region, with record also
Yes this is expected. Even when not using cycle for takes, people sometimes use it as a very quick way of always going to a specific bar to record.

AFAIK, when a cycle is active you cannot start from a point other than the beginning of the cycle ie pause (spacebar) does not actually and literally pause. To me this makes sense.

Last edited:

fuzzfilth

Logician
With Cycle active, you can play from any point by hitting the period key in the numbers block twice. This actually is the Pause command.