Logic Pro X HELP!!!!

Lizzylou

Hi there, I'm a real beginner with LPX and completely pulling my hair out with a new project.... I am not very technical either so do not understand anything apart from layman's terms which doesn't help
Basically I have laid down a MIDI piano track, and some of the notes are actually off the Beat markers within the bar on purpose, as I have played it how it sounds in my head. I spent ages manually moving each piano roll note across to wherever it should be with regards to how the song will eventually go.
Just as I thought I've got everything right, I went to record some vocals, but the midi piano track started speeding up in places and then going slower in others, so it was impossible to add a vocal because it was all out of time in certain areas. I have Googled and Google looking for an answer but I can't find anything to help me with my particular situation, I don't know what I've done, and I don't know anything about trying to use tempo etc.... I am completely lost as to what's going wrong. I have tried to work so hard on this track, and because I don't really understand all the functions and shortcuts it's all going wrong... I hope this is made sense and someone will be be able to offer me some help? TIA

fuzzfilth

Logician
Next time you record something, click on the thing that looks like a metronome.

Bildschirmfoto 2020-10-28 um 23.09.52.png

This will give you - a metronome. Learn to play to it. Now your recording will stay in time and others can add their performance to it without guessing your tempo.

Upvote 0