Logic Pro 9 How do I make patterns using a Midi-Controller in Ultrabeat?

Is it possible to use a midi drum controller pad for the implementation of patterns in Ultrabeat?

For example I have an Akai MPK mini controller and I'd like to have Ultrabeat not only trigger sounds but
actually produce these notes on the grid as i play instead of using a mouse to do this.

:ddhorse:
Thanks.

If I understand correctly, you need to re-map the midi note numbers of your hardware controller pads so they match the UB pattern numbers ?
If so, follow the steps below:
1. Create a Mapped Instrument in the Environment, set its port to "No Port" and cable it to the UB channel strip. Create an Arrange track for the Mapped Instrument as well.
2. Double click the Mapped Instrument object and re-map your Pad notes to the target UB pattern note # in the "Output Note" column.
3. Select the Mapped Instrument track in the Arrange and go...

Upvote 0
I'm thinking the OP is hoping to be able to use a ext midi device to actually write events to UB's step sequencer rather than just select which pattern is currently playing back?

If I'm correct then I'm pretty sure this is not possible. While you can select different patterns via midi nots the UB step sequencer will not respond to external midi input to actually program the pattern steps themselves.

Upvote 0
Back