Logic Pro (X) How to create a BUS channel to route multiple channels to?

onesevent33n

Hello, while I've been reading everything I can as far as learning Logic 10, I can't seem to figure out this rather basic one that I'm sure many of you could tell me off the top of your head.

I'd like to know how to create an empty channel and route multiple channels (with audio instruments/audio) to that particular channel.

To further clarify what I'm asking - my goal is to put an effect (i.e. AU plugin say Fabfilter Pro-Q) and send multiple tracks to that channel to have them all processed by the EQ plugin on that channel as opposed to putting said EQ plugin on each track in an effort to conserve CPU and simplify workflow.

**If anyone uses Ableton, I'm basically trying to figure out Logic's equivalent of Sends/Returns.

Sorry to spell this out like a 3rd grade teacher. I come from using a previous DAW where the workflow is very different compared to Logic Pro's so it's a bit foreign to me starting out.

Any and all help is VERY much appreciated!!

Hi there,

It's quite simple to set up a send through a Bus pathway and have it arrive at an Aux track with the bus assigned as the input. Simply click hold on the send slot on the channel strip(s) in question, and choose an unused bus. Logic will automatically create an Aux track for you with the bus routed to it's input. A send knob will be created automatically on the source channel strip(s) that you can use to control the amount of signal you are sending through the bus to the Aux track.

Alternatively, you can click hold in the output field of the source channel strip(s)and route the signal through a Bus from there and Logic will similarly create an Aux track with the bus routed to it's input. This is great if you want to set up sub groups; which sounds like what you might be after if you want to process with EQ.

Attachments

• Send to Bus.jpg
    Send to Bus.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 3,224
  • Output to Bus.jpg
    Output to Bus.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 3,249
Upvote 0
I'd like to know how to create an empty channel and route multiple channels (with audio instruments/audio) to that particular channel.

What Eli said works for any kind of bus you might need.

Another very simple way to do this would be to highlight the tracks you want to send to bus and go to Track menu and choose Create Track Stack.
That opens a dialog box whether you want a folder stack or summing track.
I think in your case you might want summing stack. Then you're done.

You can even just highlight the tracks and press Command+Shift+D and hit enter afterwards and you're done....

Upvote 0
Back