Logic Pro 9 How to get 1 input (Mic) out of 10 outputs (Speakers)

TAff

Hi,

Equipment list:

iMac 27inch Running logic pro 9.
Focusrite Liquid Saffire 56. ( Has 10 outputs in the back )
Mackie Mcu Pro Mixer.
2 Mic inputs.
10 PA Speakers.

Question:

How can i route in Logic so that i can use a mic input and have it output from 10 speakers simultaneously?

There must be a way!

Kind Regards,

Taff

Well, in most PA arrays you would just plug into a PA mixer channel and it would be heard through the array.

What are you trying to accomplish? Unless the PA speakers are powered the Focusrite cannot drive a PA speaker.

Check the Focusrite software to see if it's even possible to send one input to ten outputs.

Or you could send the mic output to a buss, and use the buss as an input for the other channels, then route each channel to an output.

Sure it's possible the better question is WHY?

:confused:

Upvote 0
Just make a set of aux busses on your track and send them each to a set of outputs.

So you have a track (mic input) with a number of sends turned up to 0, each aux is then sent to an output ( so send 1 goes to aux 1 that is assigned to putput 1, send 2 to aux 2, on and on).

Upvote 0
Well, in most PA arrays you would just plug into a PA mixer channel and it would be heard through the array.

What are you trying to accomplish? Unless the PA speakers are powered the Focusrite cannot drive a PA speaker.

Check the Focusrite software to see if it's even possible to send one input to ten outputs.

Or you could send the mic output to a buss, and use the buss as an input for the other channels, then route each channel to an output.

Sure it's possible the better question is WHY?

:confused:

Just make a set of aux busses on your track and send them each to a set of outputs.

So you have a track (mic input) with a number of sends turned up to 0, each aux is then sent to an output ( so send 1 goes to aux 1 that is assigned to putput 1, send 2 to aux 2, on and on).

Thanks for the input Fellas.

Ok the Scenario is that i have a building with 2 floors that need some sound. The area that i need to cover on the top and bottom floor is good for 5 PA speakers each ( Powered S&T audio 8" bi amplified 90W). Instead of investing in studio monitors which were working out expensive we opted for the PA solution. Also the PA speakers will cover a wide area in terms of the image.

The sound generated will be mainly speech and perhaps a little singing. No music such as drums or anything of that kind will be used. Logic will help us to limit compress and EQ with some effects to each mic input , also we are going to use this as a live setup as there will be no recordings of any kind on the audio inputs ( maybe a few in the future) and then i can create a template so that it can be used by a few knowledgable people. This way i dont have to be present all the time.

I also understand that focusrite have a saffire mix control software that can do the job easily but there is no way of controlling its faders through the mixer. As we have a very nice Mackie control with motorised faders it only made sense to utilise it through Logic.

I will give your suggestions a go. It all makes sense. Thanks for the input. If i have any issues i will come back to you guys.

Kind Regards,

Taff.

Upvote 0
Hi Guys,

Its worked bueatifully. The only thing i had to do was to change the routing in the Saffire mix control to DAW for all outputs. Now i can create all seprate busses and control them within logic. Thanks for the input gents. much appreciated.

Kind Regards,

Taff

Upvote 0
Hi Guys,

Ok so everything is working fine but now my PA speakers that are connected directly to the sound card ( Focusrite liquid saffire 56 ) are generating a buzzing sound. How can i get rid of this annoying sound.

I can tame it by reducing the overall volume on each induvidual speaker and raising the input level but surely there is got to be something that is causing the buzzing noise.

Help Please?

Kind Regards,
Taff.

Upvote 0
Back