Logic Pro 9 How to have mulitple interfaces hooked up

Hey there, i'm a digital performer user that has just switched to LP9, and one thing that i'm stumped with, is how to have multiple interfaces hooked up and selected in lp9's "audio input" section. it seems i can only select one interface at a time. though in digital performer, i could pretty much select as many as i wanted, and have done for a couple years. which made things a lot easier. i'm just trying to use my fireface800 and motu828mkII (for a few extra tracks while tracking).

is this possible? sorry if this is an odd question. i use digital performer everyday, and i opened up lp9 for the first time and i was like, oh man, its similar but different enough to make me feel stupid... haha.

thanks

Hi and welcome to bedlam, I should think you could set up an aggregate device in the Audio/MIDI and add as many interfaces as you have. I mean the OSX Audio/MIDI not anything in LP9. On the Apple web site there should be a knowledge base document on setting up this great piece of software. Or any of the "Missing Manuals" will explain OSX's audio/MIDI aggregate device, I set it up OK, and I'm a complete idiot-so it can't be very difficult. Cheers and good luck.

Upvote 0
Hi,
I have a digidesign Mbox (USB) and a Yamaha GO44 (FW) that I'd like to use together.
For some reason only the Mbox shows up. Even selecting "add aggregate device" fails to find the GO44. The only way I've been able to use the GO44 so far is on it's own.

Upvote 0
Hi,
I have a digidesign Mbox (USB) and a Yamaha GO44 (FW) that I'd like to use together.
For some reason only the Mbox shows up. Even selecting "add aggregate device" fails to find the GO44. The only way I've been able to use the GO44 so far is on it's own.

I don't know if this will help but my FireWire system had a meltdown and only my luck in having an Apple repairman as nephew made it work again,you may need to look for an affordable mac repairman,or maybe some kind soul here will know if the FireWire problems have been solved since then or a software developers kit is needed-the SDK 23[what was needed] was hidden inside SDK24[which they warned me, would destroy the whole firewire system]which it did-how he got it running he won't say-it's his job.Others here know much more-if they would only stumble on your post they might be able to at least rule out the risky SDKs.

Upvote 0
Applications-->Utilities-->Audio MIDI Setup. Select Audio Devices tab. Under Audio menu, Open Aggregate Device Editor.

In the Aggregate Device Editor, click the plus button to add a new Aggregate Device, name it, and define it by checking the devices that should belong to it, which is clock source, etc.

This device shows up in Logic's Audio Preferences - that's why you should pay attention to the name you give it ...

Audio MIDI SetupScreenSnapz002.jpg

Audio MIDI SetupScreenSnapz001.jpg

Jonathan

Upvote 0
Hi,

OK, I spent the last wee while fiddling with it and finally got it to work.

The way it worked was by switching the Macbook on with only the GO44 connected, starting Logic/Mainstage *then* connecting the Mbox.

Now I can find the GO44 under "add aggregate device".

This is handy as the Mic input on the Mbox is XLR (1/4" on the GO44) but the GO44 has MIDI I/O and the Mbox doesn't, meaning it looks like I can use a combination of these two interfaces on stage with Mainstage.

Not very elegant but it will suffice for the time being.

-EDIT-
No it won't if I can't get the buffer below 512 on the Mbox!

Upvote 0
it was a pain in the ass, but i got it to work. i don't know how people get around this daw with the lack of easily seeing and working with inputs and outs setup up so "hidden". just my 2 cents.

Upvote 0
it was a pain in the ass, but i got it to work. i don't know how people get around this daw with the lack of easily seeing and working with inputs and outs setup up so "hidden". just my 2 cents.

Ah... gotta love Digidesign. They still try and get anyone to buy into the Protools HD system by making the worst core audio drivers there is. My M-Box 2 Pro isn't very good compared to my Yamaha 188x or my Tascam FW1884. Heck, even my Line 6 UX2 toneport makes my digi stuff seem kinds messed up.

Oh well.

George Leger III

Upvote 0
Back