Logic Studio apps How to import controller assignment in Mainstage?

optimystery

I am trying to set up default midi assignments for Arturia VSTs in Mainstage.

I was able to find 'save channel strip settings', but this did not save my mappings to the VST controls.

It also saved the patch, so is not exactly what I wanted to achieve. I don't actually want to save the channel strip. I just want to save a template for midi assignments that can be loaded. If I update the assignments it would ideally update or at least be loadable by each patch.

So how do you just save the mapped midi assignments as a template so that it can be loaded easily for any instance of that instrument (regardless of selected patch)?

optimystery

edit: I know you can just duplicate a patch and then manually change the name and vst program, but with a large setlist that becomes time-intensive.
It also means anytime you want to update the mapping for that instrument you would have to do the whole process again for each patch that contains that instrument.

Surely there is a way to load a mapping template? If it could be autoloaded any time you add an instance of a particular instrument that would be the ultimate. In fact I am working on implementing that in Bitwig, but I still need Mainstage for a band setup.