Logic Pro (X) How to play highlighted audio?

Is there a way to highlight part of an audio track or tracks, then press a key command and hear just the selected audio play back? I previously used Digital Performer and this was possible but in my searching I haven't found a simple way to do this in Logic Pro.
Thanks for any help.
Martin

After searching some more, I think this is how to do it, although it takes an extra button push more than I wish:

Use Marquee Tool to select audio (one or more tracks, any time range)
Press S to go into Solo mode
Press the Spacebar
Only the selected audio plays

I'm interested to know if anyone knows of another solution.

Thanks Much,

Martin

Upvote 0
That's the right was. You could also use the Pointer to drag-select several entire Regions.

What would you want different and why?

Upvote 0
Thanks for your reply here. I'm not getting your suggestion to work. When I drag across several regions to select them that playback doesn't start at the beginning of the regions.
Actually, I'll half take back my "extra button push" comment previously. The only extra button push is having to press the S key again to turn off solo mode. Previously, I used Digital Performer and it had a key command (Opion + Space Bar) that did what I want without having to turn on or off Solo mode. A first world problem for sure and I'll be fine once I memorize the moves.
One additional and related question. Why does the playback start a fraction of a second before the highlighted audio? And is there a way to change this to only hear the highlighted audio?
Thanks again for your help and input.

Martin

Upvote 0
You use "S" for Solo Region(s)/Selection/Marquee followed by the key command "Play From Selection", like this:

solo.gif

To play back the range exactly, try toggling Preferences>Audio>General>Playback Preroll

Upvote 0
Back