Logic Pro 9 Hyper Editor vs Automation...volume

LogicJam

Logician
Logic pros......
Question: when a midi sequence has volume control inserts, via the hyper editor, and also a series of volume commands via automation , which one overrides the other? It seems to me the automation takes precedence, but not sure.

Also, is there a way to insert a note bend command, maybe via automation, under an existiing midi note? I want to smoothly bend a couple of notes down a whole step ....probably a way to do it....but how?

Last, the "all velocities" area of the hyper ed....is that indicating sustain pedal, or note attack velocity, or what?

Thanks for any answers
Bud
(LogicJam)

Logic pros......
Question: when a midi sequence has volume control inserts, via the hyper editor, and also a series of volume commands via automation , which one overrides the other? It seems to me the automation takes precedence, but not sure.

I think they'd probably be fighting with one another.

If you are right and one takes precedence, or if they fight with each other, then it seems to me that either way it's something you just shouldn't do.

If I'm outside, and feel the call of nature I check the wind direction first.

Pitchwheel should do this if I understand you correctly

Last, the "all velocities" area of the hyper ed....is that indicating sustain pedal, or note attack velocity, or what?

Note velocity. What you see there is all notes (i.e. every pitch) and their velocities.

Upvote 0
Hey Logic dudes.
Thanks for answers. I figured out pitch bend process....easy really.
Re: volume conflicts. Will keep experimenting.
Planning to buy Exterior Pee Protocol plug-in, so there will be no overlap with volume implementation.
So much to learn
L-Jam

Upvote 0
Back