Logic Pro 9 I am on laptop with Logic, will move to desktop! License?

Neel

Logician
I have Logic Studio 9 for making music and for the time being, I'm working on a Macbook 13 which is not that powerful enough for such a program. I will need to move to a more powerful station soon, probably an IMAC with quad core I5!! Can anyone tell me if I will be allowed to use the same copy of Logic Studio with the same license or do I need to purchase a new one for the desktop workstation....Thanks....I was using a macbook for a temporary period and because I need to record away from home sometimes. But now LOGIC has really become my preferred DAW and I wish to have a more powerful workstation to create music. Anyone knows about the license issue??? Thanks in advance::)

You can put Logic on more than one system, the license says you are only allowed to use it on one system at a time, and if you have both computers on a network, you will find that only one copy will run. If you try to run it on the second system, it tells you it is already running, and just won't start.

So, go ahead, all the copy protection is is the serial number and the fact that it won't boot on a network on more than one system.

Upvote 0
Thanks for quick reply...Does it mean that if I install it on the new IMAC, I won't be able to update the software? In that case, do you know if it is possible to buy a second license for the same copy of Logic Pro at a reasonable price?......

I hope I won't have to buy a new copy of Logic Pro at full price now, or is it the only way to have an updated copy of Logic on a second system?

Upvote 0
Does it mean that if I install it on the new IMAC, I won't be able to update the software?

No it doesn't, and yes, you will be able to update Logic on a second system. You can download the update onto one computer, update on that, then use the update on the other computer, updating it as well.

kind regards

Mark

Upvote 0
Does it mean that if I install it on the new IMAC, I won't be able to update the software?

No it doesn't, and yes, you will be able to update Logic on a second system. You can download the update onto one computer, update on that, then use the update on the other computer, updating it as well.

kind regards

Mark

Hey that's a great idea...Didn't think of that...Thanks a lot for this reply and help!

Upvote 0
I had logic (and other DAW's) going on both my MacBook pro and my studio machine for years until I sold the MacBook pro this year. No problems at all other than occasionally forgetting to turn off one running version while networked as mentioned above.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Upvote 0
Back