Logic Pro 9 I have a question about updates

Rodney D

Logician
Can I revert back to 9.1.7? I updated to 9.1.8 and now Im having a problem with the multipressor plugin. Its graphic display is running in slow motion even when I don't have any other plugin open. I still have 9.0.0 and when I open it, the multipressor plugin works just fine. I didn't have any problems with 9.1.7 so I want to go back to it. I found the 9.1.7 update download and tried to download it. When I tried to open it, a message said that I have a newer version already installed. So is there a way I can go back to 9.1.7 or am I stuck with 9.1.8?

Last edited by a moderator:
Toss out the 9.1.8 Logic and install V9 again, then upgrade. You have to make sure you empty the trash.

If that still doesn't work, there is a receipt that needs to be deleted. It is in a hidden folder, and you will require a bit more coaching to do it.

One other way is to get the application called Pacifist. Pacifist allows you to go into a DMG installer file and grab the items inside, in this case Logic 9.1.7. Check it out, it is probably the easiest way to do this....

BTW ALWAYS make sure you make a duplicate version of Logic BEFORE you upgrade to a new version so you can easily go back. I duplicate and then zip it... the update.

Upvote 0
One other way is to get the application called Pacifist. Pacifist allows you to go into a DMG installer file and grab the items inside, in this case Logic 9.1.7.Checkitout, it is probably the easiest way to do t
his....

Thanks George for the reply. This is the route I want to take. Can you explain the steps to do this, if it isn't to much trouble. I not very literate when it comes to tech stuff. But I am good at following instructions as long as its in laymen terms.

After I download the Pacifist application, what do I need to next?

Thanks again for the help

Upvote 0
1) Download the current version of pacifist. Enter the name into google to find the site (charlessoft I believe).

2) Download the current Logic 9.1.7 installer from Apple.

3) Mount the installer DMG file and then boot Pacifist.

4) Select "Open Package" from the list of options in Pacifist, and you will see a list of things you can install or grab from that particular installer.

5) Grab the "Logic Pro 9.1.7" app with your curser and drag it to the desktop to have it unzip into the full app.

6) Drop the new version of Logic you just created into your application folder. When the dialog comes up saying you have an newer version of LOgic there, are you sure you want to delete, say yes.

You should now be able to run Logic 9.1.7, and the latest version of Logic 9.1.8 will be gone.

Upvote 0
Time Machine is also useful for this purpose. If you don't have Time Machine enabled, I highly recommend it. It makes it really easy to revert to a previous app version without requiring you to make a backup copy manually before upgrading. If you don't use Time Machine, you can also right-click the app bundle > Compress "Logic Pro" (or whatever other app you want to backup), then perform the upgrade. This doesn't work for all apps, however. For complex installations like Adobe and Microsoft applications, this probably won't work.

Upvote 0
Time Machine is also useful for this purpose. If you don't have Time Machine enabled,I highly recommend it.

forgetr,

I have time backup machine. So which is the easiest for this task... Pacifist or time machine?

Upvote 0
As long as Time Machine was enabled and was making backups before you upgraded Logic, all you have to do is go into the Applications folder, invoke Time Machine, go back to the day before you upgraded Logic, select Logic Pro, then click the "Restore" button at the bottom right of the screen. This should replace Logic Pro with the previous version.

Upvote 0
Back