Logic Pro 9 I need midi help!

EXS24 help

How do I get a recorded sequence to trigger a sampled instrument I made in the EXS24? I can create, playback, and save my sampled instrument and trigger it from my keyboard but when I go to record my sequence the notes show up but there is no sound when I try to play it back.
What am I doing wrong?

If you hear the EXS24 instrument when playing live, then something is muting your sound on playback.

- Did you record in cycle mode? You say the notes are there. Maybe the region has been muted?

- Is the Arrange track muted?

- Is another mixer channel in solo mode? Another Arrange track solo'ed?

Try opening a brand new song and start again with a "clean slate" - just to test this.

Thanks for the tips. Is it possible to use more than one exs track in a project? When I try and setup a new instrument on a different track, it automatically changes my existing exs instrument.

Eli

Logician
Thanks for the tips. Is it possible to use more than one exs track in a project? When I try and setup a new instrument on a different track, it automatically changes my existing exs instrument.
You can use a huge number of EXS instances (I think 256 is the current theoretical max?). How are you creating the new track? You have to make sure it is actually a new track and not just a copy of the original one.

The new track should have a blank "input" filed - where you can call up a new EXS 24 instance. If your new track already has an EXS 24 instantiated, then you are creating an additional copy of the track, and not a "new" one - presuming of course that you are starting from an empty project and not one that has several EXS 24s preloaded.