Logic Pro X I/O plugin not doing anything. PLEASE help

creamtionritual

Hello Gentlemen (and Ladies). I just switched over to Logic X from Reaper. I cant for the life of me get the I/O hardware plugin to work. I have a MOTU 828es. Im using a patch bay. No cords are pulled out. Analogue ins and outs are working fine in reaper. Im trying to use the I/O plugin on my kick track through a DBX 160a. I have "pinged" every in and out. Nothing. Im not getting anything through the compressor. I tried it on my bass track too.
PLEASE HELP ME!!!
This will be a deal breaker if I cant get this working.

Peter Ostry

Administrator
Staff member
There is nothing special with the I/O plugin and there are no secret settings. Simple routing.
If you have selected the Motu as your audio device and Logic plays well, the I/O plugin should also work.

Maybe your hardware is not connected to output 3 and/or input 3?
You can test without the plugin: Just set the output of the channelstrip to the output you think the compressor is connected and play some music. If the compressor does not react, then you don't have a connection via this out port.

bayswater

Logician
make sure you are sending and receiving through “Analog 3”.
Naming is confusing on my 828.
Right. Logic assumes the main outs are physical outs 1-2, but that's not the case with a lot of MOTU interfaces. If you look at the I/O labels in the Mix menu you are likely to see how the interface orders and labels the channels rather than the way Logic does it