Logic Pro (X) I/O plugin not doing anything. PLEASE help

creamtionritual

Hello Gentlemen (and Ladies). I just switched over to Logic X from Reaper. I cant for the life of me get the I/O hardware plugin to work. I have a MOTU 828es. Im using a patch bay. No cords are pulled out. Analogue ins and outs are working fine in reaper. Im trying to use the I/O plugin on my kick track through a DBX 160a. I have "pinged" every in and out. Nothing. Im not getting anything through the compressor. I tried it on my bass track too.
PLEASE HELP ME!!!
This will be a deal breaker if I cant get this working.

There is nothing special with the I/O plugin and there are no secret settings. Simple routing.
If you have selected the Motu as your audio device and Logic plays well, the I/O plugin should also work.

Maybe your hardware is not connected to output 3 and/or input 3?
You can test without the plugin: Just set the output of the channelstrip to the output you think the compressor is connected and play some music. If the compressor does not react, then you don't have a connection via this out port.

Upvote 0
make sure you are sending and receiving through “Analog 3”.
Naming is confusing on my 828.
Right. Logic assumes the main outs are physical outs 1-2, but that's not the case with a lot of MOTU interfaces. If you look at the I/O labels in the Mix menu you are likely to see how the interface orders and labels the channels rather than the way Logic does it

Upvote 0
Hi, did the originator (creamtionritual) of this thread find a solution?
I am having the same problem. The I/O simply stopped working. I was previously able to run an audio track through an external compressor but now I can't. I opened a new project and imported the audio track in case there was something in the project that was causing a problem but the I/O simply won't work. I set the Focusrite back to default and did the same with LPX. The Focusrite works along with the compressor if I record to a new track.

Upvote 0
I found a solution to the problem. I went to the Focusrite online chat help. The tech helped me set up a send to the external compressor without the I/O plugin. I set the output of the track in the DAW to channel 3 and then in the Focusrite Control software I set the Software Playback to 3 as well. This worked. To record the processed signal to a new track I put the new track to input 5 and on the back of the Clarett the compressor is plugged into Input 5.

Upvote 0
Back