IKM Amplitube 5 causes severe latency

Opi6871

I recently upgraded to Logic Pro X from Garageband. One of the main reasons I made the jump is that I love IKM’s Amplitube 5 Max edition, but I could never get it to work correctly with Garageband. No matter what I tried, it would work for about 10min, I’d hear a “pop”, and then there would be severe latency from me striking the strings to hearing the output. What was weirder is that, if I deleted the track that previously ran Amplitube and loaded a new track using a GB Amp set, the latency was still present. I would basically have to restart the entire software to “reset” it all. Guitar Rig 6 works just fine. All my other 3rd party plug-ins work just fine. Its just Amplitube 5.

Numerous emails and posts to IKM’s forums were no help; usual response was to set Amplitube 5’s Buffer low (64 or 32); did all that, no help. Many people suggested I should upgrade to Logic Pro, that Amplitube 5 worked great with Logic Pro… For me, this is not the case. I am literally having the same exact issues and it is so frustrating.

Is there ANYONE in this community using Amplitube 5 successfully in Logic Pro X and, if so, can you give me tips on how to get it up and running correctly? Unlike GB, Logic Pro does let me set the buffer size and I have tried 32, 64, and 128; all same results. Happens when I only have that plug-in running (only track in the project) or if there are a few drum tracks and some synths… no difference.

Current Equipment:

MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2015), 2.2GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7, 16GB 1600MHz DDR3

iRig2 HD input to USB

Most current version of Logic Pro X (10.6?)

Latest version of Amplitube 5 (last updated three days ago)

Back