Logic Pro (X) Import old .lso files

Ernst de Moor

Logician
Hi All, new here but in fact a long time user of Logic. And kind of back on this forum.
I would like to re-import my old .lso songs from the nineties, but of course don’t have old versions of Logic anymore (would need a working version of Logic 7.2.1 or earlier.)
Does anybody know a way to convert or import such old songs?
TIA!

Solution
Hi Ernst Looks like it worked out, I PMed a link to you. BTW, don't panic if in the main window you don't immediately see the regions. For some reason when doing this conversion that window ends up being zoomed literally *all* the way in, gave me a little fright the first time I tried it!

kind regards

Mark
Hallo Ernst,

welcome (back) to the LUG.

How many files do you have, and from which Logic version(s)? Not sure if it still works but I do have a Mac Pro with an old MacOS Volume with LP 7 installed, I have been able to open and convert pre logic 5 projects with it.

kind regards

Mark

Upvote 0
Oh, wauw. Thanks for the quick reply! I have many old .lso files, but have a few (1 or 2) that are more important to me. If it isn't too much of a hassle to convert, that would be very nice. What would be the best way to send them over, e.g. including audio files or not?

Thanks again!

Ernst.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Upload them somewhere suitable - dropbox or similar, or if you have an ftp site - and send me the link. 1 or 2 we can try and see how it works out. I still have to re-connect that older Mac and see if everything works. Audio should not be necessary - in all likelihood, assuming I can get them converted you will have to re-link the audio files, but logic will prompt you as to how to go about that.

kind regards

Mark

Upvote 0
Hi Mark,
I have send you a DM (I hope) with a link to dropbox.
Many thanks in advance, no hurry required.

If I can do something in return, please let me know!

Regards,

Ernst.

Upvote 0
Hi Ernst Looks like it worked out, I PMed a link to you. BTW, don't panic if in the main window you don't immediately see the regions. For some reason when doing this conversion that window ends up being zoomed literally *all* the way in, gave me a little fright the first time I tried it!

kind regards

Mark

Upvote 0
Solution
Hi Mark,

Wow, thank you so much. I could open the songs without problems (LogicX version), and everything seems to be in there. You really made me happy!

If I can do anything in return, or buy you a beer or something, please let me know!

Upvote 0
Glad it worked out Ernst, enjoy re-visiting your arrangements! BTW; nice to see someone well able to use logic's score function, to me still an absolute core part of logic,one I still make a lot of use of, it would be nice if it got some more attention ;-)

kind regards

Mark

Upvote 0
Back