Importing Audio File(s)

Tux

Logician
I have an instrumental (sax) audio file from a friend who recorded it on his iPad using Voice Memos. Can anybody tell me how to import this file into a Logic X Audio Track?
Also I would like to record a saxophone in the latest version of GarageBand and then open it on an audio track in Logic X. Can anyone tell me how to open the GarageBand file in Logic?
Many Thanks - Tux

Markdvc

Administrator
Staff member
I have an instrumental (sax) audio file from a friend who recorded it on his iPad using Voice Memos. Can anybody tell me how to import this file into a Logic X Audio Track?
Assuming the file is in a format that logic support , such as 16 or 24 bit WAV or AIFF, simply locate it on your Hard Drive or SSD (presumably you will have already copied it from the iPad to an appropriate location on your computer) then either import it into logic's audio browser, and from there drag it onto an audio track in the main window, or simply drag it directly from the finder onto an audio track in the main window.

Also I would like to record a saxophone in the latest version of GarageBand and then open it on an audio track in Logic X. Can anyone tell me how to open the GarageBand file in Logic?
Many Thanks - Tux
Logic is able open Garage Band Projects (so long as you are not trying to open a project from the latest version of GB in an old version of Logic).

kind regards

Mark

Tux

Logician
Hi Mark,

I'm using Logic 10.4.4 and the only import function in it is under the file menu and in this import menu there is no option to open Garage Band Projects. So how can I open Garage Band Projects in Logic?
Thanks - Tux

Markdvc

Administrator
Staff member
You don't need to import, simply as follows: File -> Open, then navigate to wherever your garage band project is located on your system (by default in user/music/GarageBand). Once you have located and clicked on it, Logic will ask to save the Garage Band project as a logic project. Once you do this you should have your Garage Band project up and running in logic.

kind regards

Mark