Logic Pro 7 & earlier Installing logic 7 on an hd where Logic 9 is all ready installed

Ness

Hi all,

I need to open files created on Logic 6. Apparently, it's possible till the version 7.2 of Logic (not up...). I've tried to install Logic 7 on a back-up system (mac OSX 10.5.8) with logic Pro 9 all ready installed... The software doens't want to install an older version :-( I've tried to trash the software and the prefs... So Logic 7.0 is installed now... I'm trying to upgrade it to 7.1.1 or 7.2.4 but the update refuse to install because there's a "newer version" allready installed ! :-( Obviously, the system still "sees" the Logic Pro 9. How can I get rid of it ? Same thing for Logic 8...

Thanks in advance for your help...

Hi all,

I need to open files created on Logic 6. Apparently, it's possible till the version 7.2 of Logic (not up...). I've tried to install Logic 7 on a back-up system (mac OSX 10.5.8) with logic Pro 9 all ready installed... The software doens't want to install an older version :-( I've tried to trash the software and the prefs... So Logic 7.0 is installed now... I'm trying to upgrade it to 7.1.1 or 7.2.4 but the update refuse to install because there's a "newer version" allready installed ! :-( Obviously, the system still "sees" the Logic Pro 9. How can I get rid of it ? Same thing for Logic 8...

Thanks in advance for your help...

I think it is possible by first removing (temporarily!!!) all Logic installers pkg files from : HD-> Library -> Receipts and then installing Logic 7.2 only application. But it is my opinion not an advise to do it.

Upvote 0
Regarding Logic 6 files - you should be able to open these with Logic 9. You would however need Logic 7 for projects from logic versions older than 5.

kind regards

Mark

Upvote 0
Back