Logic Pro 8 Invalid Regions Changed - Error - LP8

#1
Hello LUG's,

I hope that someone can help. I am out of ideas.

I have a song project. 12 audio tracks, 3 midi tracks. Recently, when I opened up the project i get an error message. "(3) invalid region(s) changed" OK?

Well... no it is not OK. LOL When I try to edit some of the tracks (3) 'audio tracks' are silent. The 'midi tracks" are fine.

I thought that maybe it was a "mute' problem. That does not seem to be the case.

I did do some hard drive housekeeping to free up some space using 'Spring Cleaning' - Smith Micro. Perhaps there is where the problem lies.

Can anyone suggest a way to overcome the error message? Some 'recovery routine' or parameter 'check' - 'un-check'?

Thanks for anything that you can offer :mad::brkwl:

Howie

LP8 8.02 - Mac OS X Tiger 4.11
MacBook Pro 17" - MacBookPro 2.1
Intel Core 2 Duo - 2.33 GHz
L2 Cache (per processor): 4 MB
Memory: 4 GB
Bus Speed: 667 MHz
 
#2
I think you've answered your own question. Spring Clean has probably Optimized your drive so that when Logic looks where the audio files used to be, it's just finding a bunch of zeros. If you go into the Audio Bin and re-import the files with those names, maybe you'll be able to find where Spring Clean put them and reconstitute your song. That's all I got.
 
#4
Hey Howie,
I, too, recently ran into this issue. However, I have not performed any cleaning up of files.
Were you able to find a solution. I'd hate to have to redo all my work!:brkwl:
Thanks,
Jason
 
Top