Logic Pro 9 Is it possible to edit the names of logic presets?

Badger

Logician
In getting to know presets of sculpture for instance it would be handy for me to put an asterisk at the end of the name of presets I like. Is this possible somehow?

Many thanks

i have just been saving them as new presets, (as usually i change settings anyway), and changing the names. not sure about renaming the current presets though.

Upvote 0
I've never tried this myself, but you could probably just change the names of them directly in the Finder. Not the most elegant solution, but it will probably do the trick.

Upvote 0
Good point. I suppose if you really wanted to be safe, you could duplicate the factory presets in the user folder, and then rename them there. You'd basically end up with duplicates of the settings, but with different names.

Not very elegant at all I'm afraid :(

Upvote 0
Eli wrote:
I suppose if you really wanted to be safe, you could duplicate the factory presets in the user folder, and then rename them there.
I think there is definite value in NOT changing the factory presets, but rather saving them in your user folder, either with the same name, or with asterisks or whatever you choose.

This way, when you upgrade to a newer version of Logic (which WILL happen sooner or later), your personal selection will be untouched - there is always a danger of Factory folders being overwritten during an upgrade.

I keep "selection" folders for most plugins. They come up as a separate item in plugin menus and I know I can go straight there for my favourites or modified sounds. Also, these files are so small, it makes virtually no difference to your disk space.

Just my 5c worth.......

Upvote 0
Yeah, in hind sight I agree. Don't mess with the factory settings. Copy them to the user folder and rename them there.......

Upvote 0
Back