Logic Pro 9 Is this the proper way to move user apple loops?

Presence

Logician
Hi, I have some user apple loops in ~/library/audio/user apple loops that I want to move to another volume.

I was going to command drag the loops folders to a new folder on the other hard drive, then delete the text files in ~/library/audio/apple loops index, then drag the individual loops folders one by one onto the loops browser in logic.

Is it necessary to delete the index files before dropping them back on the browser?

OSX 10.6.5, Logic 9.1.3, 2009 Mac Pro.

Thanks.

Just move the loops to where you want them, then delete them.
Drag the loops (from their new resting place) to the browser.

Upvote 0
I believe you need to delete the existing index files before re-adding loops. I do it this way and it works perfectly - I'd encourage you to do so.

Upvote 0
Well, I just tried this with a loop and Logic acknowledged the loop was a duplicate and if I wanted to use that loop instead of the original. I said OK. I then deleted the original loop and tried to bring said loop into a project from the browser. It then said I must re-index all my loops....

When I did the new loop/location wasn't there, I had to drag it into the browser one more time - and it worked. So I guess I don't have to delete the index, but I think if you knew which one(s) to delete it would be a faster experience.

However, I stand corrected, apparently now you don't need to delete the index. Not sure when this behavior changed. Old dog is learning new tricks.

Upvote 0
Speaking of new Apple Loop tricks, you can now (as of L9 I believe) simply right click in the search results field of the loop browser and choose to re-index your loops directly from there.

Upvote 0
That was easy. The loops are listed in the browser as before. Logic created new index files so I deleted the old ones.

Thanks for all the input.

Upvote 0
Back