Logic Pro 9 Jump to playhead on edit, is this a bug?

Antiphones

Logician
Ever since the last update of Logic I have an issue where, when I'm zoomed in, if I grab the left side of a region and move it to edit the start, as soon as I try to move it, the song jumps to where ever the play head (spl) is. This of course makes a mess of the edit and I have to undo and move the play head near to where I'm editing so it doesn't jump. I've been using Logic daily for 10 years and this is a new phenomenon I've never encountered before.

Does anyone else get this? Is it a bug? Or is this a new 'feature' that can be switched off?

This doesn't happen every time, but it happens a lot if the play head is somewhere other than where I've zoomed in to edit.

Thanks if anyone knows.

Yes, I've noticed this as well. A bit annoying - I curse under my breath, Cmd Z and move the playhead to the "right" position. No idea if there's a rationale for this changed behaviour.

Upvote 0
Wow I'm glad I'm not the only one who's having this problem. Interestingly this is a very recent problem. I've been using Logic for many years and this never happened until perhaps two or three months ago. So I suspect it was caused by either a Logic update, a Pro applications update.

Unfortunately if it was a Pro applications update, that might not be reversed if I just reinstall Logic. However I may give it a try when I've finished my current project.

My next job is entirely audio editing and it would be very frustrating to do under these conditions. So I may have to use Pro Tools to edit, then consolidate and back into Logic for processing. Which would be a major pain. :(

Upvote 0
Back