Logic Pro 9 Key command for Scroll To Selection?

CSeye

Logician
Just what the heck is that symbol after the Shift key symbol in the Arrange>View>Scroll To Selection key command? :confused:

I'm not in front of Logic at the moment, but I think you are talking about the tilde key. It looks like this: ~

And it is right underneath the escape key. Using the tilde key alone is the default key command for toggling the catch clock position key command. Not sure what it is with shift added (not in front of Logic currently).

Upvote 0
(Not so) funny thing: Clicking on the menu item works. Arrange window>local View>Scroll to Selection.

The key command (Shift + tilde) gives me the silent Snow Leopard white wash screen error message.

The tilde key does turn Catch on/off.:hippy::D

Take a look at the attached file.

???

The mystery continues...;)

Attachments

• Shift What???.pdf
    10.4 KB · Views: 157
Upvote 0
It's the return key. Shift Return is the default assignment to place the playhead at the beginning of the currently selected object.

Upvote 0
The key command (Shift + tilde) gives me the silent Snow Leopard white wash screen error message.

I get the white wash screen if the wrong type of keyboard is selected in:
Preferences/Key Commands/Options/Presets.

The Scroll To Selection key command only seems to work with these two keyboards
U.S.
U.S. with numeric keypad

Richard

Upvote 0
Hey Eli,

The behavior of Scroll to Selection, when selected from the View menu will place the selected region within the viewable area of the Arrange window.

So for example if you select a region from a large Arrange window (screenset 1), then go to screen set 2 which has a narrow Arrange window but large Piano Roll editor, then click the Scroll to Selection command from the Arrange>View menu, the selected region (where ever it is in the Arrange), is put into view, whatever the size of the Arrange window in a given screen set.

Having a working key command would be helpful to put the region in view in my example screen set 2.

Shift-return will then place the playhead at the beginning of the selected region.

I only know this as a result of trial and error last night while redesigning my template screen sets.

Upvote 0
Funny that the same function would work differently when different key commands are assigned to it. But, nothing surprises me in terms of Logic's quirk and quarks :)

Upvote 0
Back