Logic Pro X Korg nanoKontrol2 and Logic 10.4.5

SaintFu

So I downloaded the Logic 10.4.5 update, and suddenly my Korg nanoKontrol 2 stopped working. Previous to this, it worked without the driver and all of the controls worked entirely as expected. I tried deleting it from the controller setup and re-adding it, but only the transport controls work. None of the faders, knobs or solo/mute/record buttons work.

I even tried installing the Korg drivers to see if that would work. No luck.

I’d love to hear from anyone with a similar experience or any suggestions.

facej

Logician
I have the same experience. nanoKontrol2 not working in 10.4.5

I plug it in to my 10.4.4 system and it behaves as expected.

oops

SaintFu

Between this and some other glitches, I ended up restoring 10.4.4 from a backup and submitting feedback to Apple. We'll see if there's a bug fix version soon.

jlcrack

Same problem.
I'm pretty sure it's the 10.4.5 version
I contacted Korg support.

All presets provided by your script Control Surface Plug-in for nanoKONTROL for logic and GarageBand stopped working. I need to map all controls manually. Also, indicator lights are not responding when I push them.

I couldn't find any newer version in your site. Is there any plan for updating it?
Thanks.

Thank you for contacting Korg USA Product Support. We're not sure if you received a response to your last inquiry. If not, we apologize for the delay!

The latest version of the Garageband / Logic plug is available on the Korg Support Site.

You can use the free KONTROL editor software to manually assign the realtime controllers on the nanoKontrol to the virtual ones in Logic. Be sure to select "Write Scene Data" in the "Communication" section in the top menu to transmit the new settings to your nanoKontrol.

Best regards,

Product Support
KORG USA Inc.

So I guess we're on our own here.

Amoo Mazz

Hi everyone
The same problem with nanokontrol2 here.
After I upgrade the mac to Mojave, it became even worst.
I'm think I gonna give up about the gadget.
No nanokontrol2 anymore.

dcrand

I have tinkered with this and here's what I have come up with:
Do run the Korg-supplied driver installer.
If the Nano is not working, quit LPX.
Then, in your own user preferences, delete com.apple.logic.pro.cs
Then restart LPX. The Nano should show up as a new device and work.
Here's the thing: on quitting normally, LPX appears to write a new com.apple.logic.pro.cs file with bad info in it.
If you force-quit LPX, it does not write the prefs file and the Nano will continue to work when you restart it.
I usually don't have to restart the computer itself but once in a while I do need to delete the pref file and restart from scratch.

Should this go in "feature requests?" Request that the MIDI implementation work properly?
I find Audio MIDI Setup to be almost as bad, I've spent a lot of time just getting it to recognize devices.

HTH!