Logic Pro 9 L9 Icons Location...

Yes, seems to work for me.
OK, so maybe charlie didn't install L9 parallel to L8 ...

I installed L9 right along L8 (I see them both in my Apps folder.)
When I am in Logic 9, I am presented with a "small" number of icons (smaller than the selection that L7 had...)
I found the location of the icons and saw there was a folder for those visible icons and also found a folder called Legacy Icons... I put a folder I created called L7 (with all my L7 custom icons,) along side these other two folders.

I might just be missing the obvious here but should I put my icons inside the L9 icon folder? (sorry, not in front of my system right now...)

Thanks! :cool:

Upvote 0
I might just be missing the obvious here but should I put my icons inside the L9 icon folder? (sorry, not in front of my system right now...)
IMHO, the only right place (at least since L8) is here, like Pete described:
User/Library/Application Support/Logic/Images/Icons

Upvote 0
Ok, well on my system, when I follow the above path, this is what I find:

LogicPath001.jpg
[/IMG]

But when I follow what somebody above posted, I find the folder:

correctpath.jpg
[/IMG]

...The folder marked red is the one I copied from L7.
When inside L9, only the newer limited selection is available...
I then dragged the L7 Icons folder into the L9 icons folder... My icons still did not show up after re-booting Logic. I could "replace" the L9 ones with my old ones... But then I would have to hide the L9 icons because they all share the same numbers. Is there a way for all my icons to just get along?

Upvote 0
It's a while since I did this, but i think you may need to create the folder.

Anything within the Logic Pro app. folder itself would be for factory images. It is usually advised not to add custom stuff here, but in your user/library etc. That way if you update, it does not get overwritten. Works for me.

Upvote 0
Thanks Pete, I'll look more into this when I get back home to my studio. (at my day job as an Avid editor.):cool:

Anyone else here, swappin' icons in Logic 9? Any success/confusion?

Thanks to Everyone. :thmbup:

Upvote 0
Everything Pete said, is right.
- Do never add stuff manualy to app-packages (after updates, they will be overwritten, like Pete told ...)
- Add the folder-structure like described some posts earlier, so that you get this complete path

After adding icons to this new path, they will appear after a new start of L8 or L9 ... :)

Upvote 0
Everything Pete said, is right.
- Do never add stuff manualy to app-packages (after updates, they will be overwritten, like Pete told ...)
- Add the folder-structure like described some posts earlier, so that you get this complete path

After adding icons to this new path, they will appear after a new start of L8 or L9 ... :)

Well, I created a folder called images, put my "L7 icons" in it & started Logic...
It worked. :rolleyes:
Thanks for the help everybody! :D

Upvote 0
Back