Logic Pro X Locking Sounds from External Instrument Tracks?

Cycledc44

New Logic Pro X user here. I finally got my vintage Roland alpha Juno2 hooked properly to Logic using a PreSonus AudioBox 96. I loaded some sweet synth sounds from PatchBay and want to use the different sounds on different tracks in my project. On track 1 (External MIDI) I have a synth pad. Then I create a 2nd External MIDI track and select a Bass sound on my synth. But this changes Track 1 from synth pad to the bass sound as well. Can someone tell me how to "lock" sound 1 one on track 1 and sound 2 for track 2?

fuzzfilth

Logician
You need to set up an audio track and record the first part to that, then repeat this for all other parts. I did warn you a couple days ago that this workflow is not a convenient one.

Upvote 0

Cycledc44

Thanks for the tip, I'll try that. I did see your warning on using Analog gear with Logic but I have to believe that it's possible since people do it all the time. Even though it might be less seamless and simple as using the VST's in Logic Pro X (which I'll probably do most of the time) I think it's worth it to own at least one truly analog synth like this. I really enjoy the sounds and the experience. Thanks again.

Upvote 0

fuzzfilth

Logician
Absolutely. Driving around in a 1933 Bugatti is certainly 'possible' and much fun for sure, while going across the country with three kids in the back in the rain and snow is clearly not 'convenient'.

Upvote 0