Logic Pro X Logic 10.2.3 released...with Multi-Output Instruments Bug??

mk3

Logician
Nice feature and update list...but ran into a major problem after updating!
WARNING!!

After update, all my projects which use multi-output instruments no longer work properly. The multi-out instruments have been "collapsed" into single-ouptuts, namely, the first output channel of the instrument. The instance of the plugin still is listed as the multi-out. Re-instantiating the plugin does not help.

Creating a brand new multi-output instrument, and adding in all its output channels (via "+" sign on channel strip) works as it should, but this does not help with existing projects.

Anyone else finding this problem? More importantly, is there a fix?

Thank you.
 

brownie

New Member
Yep, same issue, I'm on 10.10.5 got the exact same session opened in 10.2.2 and then immediately in 10.2.3 to compare, i'm using multi out versions of stylus RMX and in 10.2.2 the 8 outs are assigned to 8 diff midi channels on 8 diff tracks in Logic,
In 10.2.3 the routing from Stylus RMX looks like it's being routed to the different outs but it's not playing back like that in Logic, it's just coming out of the main 1-2 outs, and it's all distorted as hell, i haven't touched anything, same session file, only plugins being used are Logic's.
 

mk3

Logician
Yes, I did report to Apple...others should as well so this gets priority treatment. This is a major issue when you have multiple in-progress projects.

The only "fix" I have figured out thus far, tedious as it is, is to manually choose again the input for each Aux of the multi-output instrument. Oddly, when doing this, you will see the given input's name twice! Choose the one from the upper part of the list.
 

mk3

Logician
In 10.2.3 the routing from Stylus RMX looks like it's being routed to the different outs but it's not playing back like that in Logic, it's just coming out of the main 1-2 outs, and it's all distorted as hell, i haven't touched anything, same session file, only plugins being used are Logic's.
The distortion is presumably a result of all the outputs being summed into one and overloading the channel. You can try the fix I mentioned above, which should get your project back on track, but becomes rather time-consuming if there are many such multi-out instruments across many projects!
 
Top