Logic Pro 7 & earlier Logic 7 required for opening old project

fotofono

Hi guys. I am trying to open up a very old logic project. I desperately need someone that still has a logic 7 version installed to open and save this as version 7 file! Any help would be greatly appreciated!

I've got it, sent you a private message

or...maybe not. I'm not sure how to do that on this forum..

ok-found it. I sent you a DM, maybe you'll see it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I've got it, sent you a private message

or...maybe not. I'm not sure how to do that on this forum..

ok-found it. I sent you a DM, maybe you'll see it.
Hi Doofus,
Ive been a very long time logic user too but a newbie on this forum. I'm in the same predicament as fotofono. I have a whole bunch of old pre7 logic files but sadly threw out my machine & dongle etc along time ago. (Link removed by Admin) Mind you I was trying to install Snow Leopard in a virtual machine but that seems like a hard basket scenario.
or should I just find someone who can offer me the service of updating my old logic songs so I can find out what they are in my current Logic X?
Hoping that you can shed some light on the subject for me.
Regards,

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0
I can convert them for you so they'll open in Logic X. I use Logic 7 to open them first (if they're from Logic 3 or something like that), save them in 7, then I can open them in Logic X and save them for you there. Are they audio and MIDI, or just MIDI?

Upvote 0
Hi Doofus,
Thx for your reply. Well I‘ve been going thru all kinds of ways of retrieving my old songs. As it turns out, I actually had Logic Express 7 installed on an old MacBook. The tears of joy !!
Thankyou so much for offering your help in any case

Upvote 0
ok, hopefully that will work..one thing I learned is that in order to save old projects in Logic 7 in a way that will then be "open-able" in Logic X, you need to be using the very last version of Logic 7 that was released, which is 7.2.3

if you run into problems, the offer stands. I've done this for other people on this and other forums.

Upvote 0
Once again, thanks for your reply & offer. I just saved a few songs in Logic Express 7 already & opened them up in X & saved them there. So far so good ! Just have to do a lot of work with sounds etc as I don't have the old sound module (Korg X5DR) I used back then & am currently basically using Logic's Synth instruments instead.
: )

Upvote 0
Back