Logic Pro 8 LOGIC 8 with SL 10.6.3 found BIG bug!

Hello
I am running Logic 8 on a new 21.5" Imac and 10.6.3.
It does work OK in general but I have found a bug that causes me a bad issue.
1 - throw away the logic preferences files.
2 - Start Logic - All seems great.
3 - There is a feature where you can open a window that shows all the patches and allows you to choose the bank and then choose the patch in tht bank from the Patch list.
4 - To use this feature you double click on the instrument name in the arrange window. (this must be an EXTERNAL INSTRUMENT).
5 - If none of the Logic Preferences have been changed this feature will work normally and the PATCH WINDOW will pop up and stay up.
6 - Keep in mind this feature fine in Leopard 10.5.8 but after switching to OS 10.6.3 the feature become problematic in thefolllowing way.
7 - Once any of the preferences have been changed in Logic 8 ( such as changing the DISPLAY PREFERENCES for the arrange window or choosing your Audio Interface in the audio preferences of Logic 8) the POP-UP window of the Patches just flashes once then goes away.
8 - Will there be an update to take care of this issue?
9 - I had no problems in Leopard 10.5.8.

Hi Frank,

FWIW, I have read about others experiencing this bug as well. The multi instrument window flashes and doesn't stay opened. I can't recall if there is a fix or workaround for it. Sorry, I know that's not much help. But it definitely is something other users are experiencing as well.

Upvote 0
1 - throw away the logic preferences files.

Why is that the first step you list out? If you had any particular reasons to trash preferences, care to mention them?

6 - Keep in mind this feature fine in Leopard 10.5.8 but after switching to OS 10.6.3 the feature become problematic in thefolllowing way.
7 - Once any of the preferences have been changed in Logic 8 ( such as changing the DISPLAY PREFERENCES for the arrange window or choosing your Audio Interface in the audio preferences of Logic 8) the POP-UP window of the Patches just flashes once then goes away.
8 - Will there be an update to take care of this issue?
9 - I had no problems in Leopard 10.5.8.

Did you report this to Apple? If not, please find more information about how to do this here.

kind regards

Mark

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0
Why is that the first step you list out? If you had any particular reasons to trash preferences, care to mention them?

Did you report this to Apple? If not, please find more information about how to do this here.

kind regards

Mark
I have reported this to Apple and was told that there would be no more updates for Logic * and this would need to be addressed in Logic 8 instead of Apple OS 10.6.3 (SL). I guess I will go back to Apple OS 10.5.8 on an esxternal HD as I did before. I have ordered a new Leopard 10.5 replacement because the OS 10.5 Disk I have was somehow damaged and I was not able to use it to re-install OS 10.5.8 after my external HD had to be re-formated.
I know I will lose some features, but that beats the alternative of having these issues with Snow Leopard. If Snow Leopard is updated to correct issues with Logic 8, I will then use Snow Leopard again.
I tried to explain that I trashed the preferences for Logic to correct this issue, but then found out that I still have the issue envolving the flashing Patch Bank Window even when just the track selection was changed. I am not going to persue this anymore right now.
I do appreciate the help, comments, and ideas I receive from other users.
Thanks
Frank Stratton.

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0
Back