Logic Pro 9 Logic 9.1.6 SLOOOWWW bounce

garethJones

Logician
I record my mixes in real time, then I solo the recorded file and bounce out .mp3s and Apple Lossless as listening copies. This process is now VERY slow on my rig. OSX 10.6.8 Anyone got the same problem or a fix.?

Thanks

On my new MBP with Lion bouncing a single Audio file is still very slow. FWIW. Bouncing a whole arrangement may be very quick, but I never do that.

Upvote 0
I just did some quick testing between 9.1.5 and 9.1.6. I can't say I notice much difference in performance related to what I know about your workflow.

New sessions with nothing in them both bounced a solo track very quickly.

Complicated sessions with bussing and plug-ins both bounced slowly, even if a track with nothing on it was going to an empty stereo buss it bounced slowly.

Not terribly extensive testing on my part, but for my specific workflow I don't notice anything "wrong."

Upvote 0
9.1.6 is supposed to take advantage of more than two cores when bouncing. It clearly does on my machine. I don't have 9.1.5 on my computer (it's on a back up disk) so I didn't compare bounce times, but Logic's CPU meter clearly shows multiple processors in action - I would think that would equal faster offline bouncing...

Apparently you're not seeing this when A/B-ing? Or did you test this? (Not a problem if you didn't.)

Upvote 0
I haven't done direct comparisons no, I suppose I should test that next chance I get. See if my perception of it being faster is real.

Upvote 0
I tried the Logic 9 Demo "The Fear" to do some comparisons. On my 8 core, it took 1:17 Minutes in Logic 9.1.6. In 9.1.5, it took 4:06 Minutes.

kind regards

Mark

Upvote 0
Back