Logic Pro 9 Logic 9 a bit of gratitude

chugbry

Logician
Dear Apple Inc.
I for one would like take this opportunity to say thankyou for your continued support and forward thought of our wonderful software.
Thanks for Logic 9 and the effort the team has put into it!
I know that at times it must seem that us Logic users do nothing but gripe & winge and moan about every minute disturbing feature.
But I want it on record that I know how to say thanks for your efforts.

Keep up the good work all you Apple Logic developers.

Thanks Again

Chris Courage

Silver Pine Digital
New Zealand.

P.S. Hey everyone how 'bout let's give a big thanyou to the Logic team at Apple for a change eh?

... you will see that the kitchen still has a wood burning stove, no Ethernet wiring and air conditioning is also missing.
Apart from the stove this kitchen looks quite normal to me ;-)

Come out to Southern California, Peter. Here, all the kitchens have air conditioning and Ethernet wiring. But you're right, the wood burning stove is wrong. Here in Southern California nobody can use a real baking oven, only a microwave. ;)

Orren

Upvote 0
Come out to Southern California, Peter. Here, all the kitchens have air conditioning and Ethernet wiring. But you're right, the wood burning stove is wrong. Here in Southern California nobody can use a real baking oven, only a microwave. ;)
So you control your microwave over Ethernet, neat. Just watch your Euphonix hub to avoid cooking Logic due to a network error.

But I want to put one thing into the right perspective: When I ever visit Southern California it will not be for Ethernet kitchens but only to meet Mr. Orren Merton. There is no other reason I can think of.
:hippy:

Upvote 0
I have it on order...should be here wednesday..TO THOSE HERE THAT DON'T THINK THE $199 PRICE TAG IS WORTH IT CONSIDER THIS-
If you've ever used Pro Tools you know that a drum replacer is about $200 plug-in, the amp rack is about $200 or so...and the flex audio "looks" as if it will give digi a run for its money...
So if you only use MIDI...then learn to play a F-king guitar, ok...and quit crying.
this well worth 200 bucks.

Upvote 0
...Oh people, let's face it:
Apple HAD to come out with something already... The tumble-weeds have been blowin' around for close to two years in Logic-land with nary an update.
I am really happy that the Logic Development Team have been listening and adding new features to our beloved program. I hope that L9 will be an extension of the program that I love to use. Some of the new features HAD to be added risk Apple being severely behind the curve.
But does L9 equal the ridiculous amount of time users have had to wait for any sign of progress and growth from a competitive company?
(and yes, I use the word competitive because the pro-audio market IS a competitive one.)
The answers are here in this thread.
Some say yes, some say no.
Personally, this is Logic 8.6 but it really doesn't matter, does it?

The good news is that my copy of L9 should be here any day now and I will begin upgrading asap...

Charlie

Upvote 0
Thank you for the "rain-dance" EdgarRothermich, I actually read this thread. The developers do get paid (everyday,) I think they combined new features with a clear intention to reach the GarageBand users and double the user base, income and the possibilty to stay in business. At least that is what I would do.
I havent had your problem with long file-names but reading your article about it, it would be my #1 issue for 9.01. So "thank you" Logic users. And the price to best Logic user goes to..)

Upvote 0
I stick to my statement that the new "Logic 8Plus" barely didn't change anything.

It's just beyond ridiculous that you would stand by an obviously wrong statement, refuted by objective facts.

It's one thing to say "I don't care about most/all of the multitude of new or changed things in Logic9". Sure, it's quite possible that somebody's workflow will take little or no advantage of all the new stuff.

But it's a very different thing to say "I'm not sawing the table" when you are clearly sawing the table. Search on Youtube for "The Big Snit" for this reference.

Upvote 0
I stick to my statement that the new "Logic 8Plus" barely didn't change anything.

It's just beyond ridiculous that you would stand by an obviously wrong statement, refuted by objective facts.

But it's a very different thing to say "I'm not sawing the table" when you are clearly sawing the table. Search on Youtube for "The Big Snit" for this reference.

I think I elaborated my statement long enoug why I came to come to that conclusion so I'm not gonna repeat myself. But I agree that taking that statement by itself it could give you the wrong impression. How about we compromise on Logic 8.5 or maybe 8.6 if you insist.

About that youtube video. The only relation I see to Logic is it's new Time-Flex feature. If I had put the video into Logic first and played it back in double speed I would have wasted only 5 instead of 10 minutes of my time watching that thing. Thanks

Upvote 0
Heck, you guys are all talking about 8 to 9...I am just getting ready to install L9 on a quad..clean install upgrade, 7.2.3 is on my G5..so I think I should notice a lotsa different things...although I do hope it is intuitive..

Upvote 0
Back