Logic Pro 9 logic 9 - how do i enable autocolor tracks?

Sdstudios

Logician
i read that logic 9 will auto colorize new tracks..

how do i enable this feature?

right now all tracks are blue unless i specify them a certin colour.

OK, so I spoke to Apple support, and here's the deal:

Autocolor only works in cycle mode. It doesn't work if you simply record multiple takes.
Yes, I didn't mention that because thought you did record multitakes in cycle mode. But it is true you can also merge the recorded data into the the previous multitake folder by default if you have several record sessions in the same cycling loop.
Happy to see that it works for you now :)

Upvote 0
That's probably something that they could improve a little. I hardly never record in cycle mode with clients and can't see why this feature should only work for those who do.

Upvote 0
>>Yes, I didn't mention that because thought you did record multitakes in cycle mode. But it is true you can also merge the recorded data into the the previous multitake folder by default if you have several record sessions in the same cycling loop.
Happy to see that it works for you now <<

Yes, it's a nice feature.

When I spoke to tech support they actually had to test it in non-cycle mode to find this out, because the manual itself doesn't say cycle mode must be on.

I'm guessing they'll update the manual. :D

Upvote 0
A work around: open the color palate and click a color as you're recording the take. The take will take on that color. Seems to work well and not too much effort.

Upvote 0
Back