Logic Pro 9 LOGIC 9 IS OUT!!

djstyles

Logician
I think it looks really good, flex tool, audio quantizing, that bounce down of regions in the arrange page will be very useful. There is alot of good little upgrades. Personally at this present time I would not use the guitar amps, and that seems to be the most highlighted features. I must say I am disappointed there has not been a new synth.

Upvote 0

mk3

Logician
(Early) congratulations to Apple on what appears to be a stellar release!

Apparently at least some of our feature requests have finally been realized.

- Flex Time looks like the sort of "liquid audio" (or Ableton Live) feature set that I've been hoping to see. Let's hope the time-stretching algorithms are excellent. I wonder if this was licensed technology (from Ableton or Celemony, perhaps) or a new algorithm?

- Editing of Takes in Take Folders. I might actually use Take Folders now!

- "Convert to Sampler Track" - not something I thought was necessary, but could be interesting. Seems like essentially an automated Recycle tool. Such a tool lives or dies by the quality of its transient detection, so we'll see how good it is in action.

MISSING:

- Track-based pitch automation. I guess I will be buying Melodyne after all.
- Track Folders (versus the current approach to Region Folders)

mk3

Upvote 0

daveyboy

Logician
I saw this announced on a DP board this morning so immediately ordered the upgrade (will be here on Saturday)! Can't wait. I'm relatively new to Logic but it's been a main stay in my studio this year so these new additions will get much use. :thmbup:

Upvote 0

mmm42

Logician

Attachments

• Logic9.jpg
    Logic9.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 119
Upvote 0

paulnajar

Logician
The new features look nice but more than that what I'm really hoping is given that it's not the huge re-design that 8 was that there's been some consolidation under the hood. You know - the really unglamorous stuff that doesn't sell software but makes pro's who work with it 5 days a week happy;-0

Kind - glass half full - regards

PN

Upvote 0

jesta

Logician
Yep - it shipped very quickly. Ordered mine yesterday afternoon and it's sitting in front of me right now waiting to be installed.

Upvote 0

Orren Merton

Logic Samurai / Administrator
Staff member
...I'm really hoping is given that it's not the huge re-design that 8 was that there's been some consolidation under the hood. You know - the really unglamorous stuff that doesn't sell software but makes pro's who work with it 5 days a week happy;-0

I'm not sure what you're looking for precisely but it seems like they have added lots of little goodies, and it seems very solid so far.

One nicety I just noticed is that you can finally choose mono outputs in the Output pop-up menu of channel strips. Not nearly as "sexy" as Flex audio, but a lot of pros I know have asked for it. There is also a whole new Notes feature, where you can write copious channel notes for every track. Again, not something that will probably sell to GarageBand updaters, but I know of pros who have wanted a fully developed track notes feature, and this looks like it. :thmbup:

Orren

Upvote 0

Orren Merton

Logic Samurai / Administrator
Staff member
What ???? It's Universal, meaning it WILL work on a G5 ??

It sure looks that way. All the apps in Logic Studio are universal, as mmm42's image shows for Logic. Maybe with Snow Leopard coming out, Apple simply decided they wanted to start the "mental transition" to all-Intel, even though the software still works.

Orren

Upvote 0

Bob Vandiver

Logician
I would hope that some codemeisters took a look at the environment....

Also, Sacha had a good point about the inflexibility of the main/arrange page: inability to make certain features fly away (Make invisible) and use the advanced edit parameters under one's cursor.

Bob Vandiver

Upvote 0