Logic Pro 9 Logic 9 tempo change without changing pitch on audio stems

Jim

Logician
I know this is a common question but am not experienced with how I should be doing this. I have audio stems from a pro tools session recorded at 88.200. I am looking to slow down all the audio to a slower tempo without changing the pitch about 10 MM markings slower than recorded. Can anyone direct me to the best way of doing this?

Thanks,

If you have all the tracks loaded into a Logic song and you've adjusted the tempo to match the song as it was recorded, the rest is simple: just go to the Track properties, (third triangle from the top on the left side will open them up if they're not already open) change the Flex Mode to something appropriate for that track, (e.g. Rhythmic for a drum track etc.) and allow Logic to do its calculation for each one. When all tracks have Flex Mode on, just change the tempo to what you want the new tempo to be, and press Play.

Upvote 0
I don't see why not. Of course, you have to make a session in Logic that runs at 88.2 (File/Project Settings/Audio) and then create enough tracks to load all your files in, but once they're all loaded and you've matched the tempo (I have not tried Smart Tempo yet, but maybe that would help) the tracks belong to that Logic Project now. Changing the Flex Mode on each track is followed by a short analysis period before it shows the Flex Mode selection, and I don't see why it would matter how the tracks were recorded originally. Please let us know if it doesn't work!

Upvote 0
Thanks. I have it working. Only issue is the overhead mic drum stem is phasing after applying Flex Time. Any solutions for fixing that?

Thanks,

Upvote 0
Hmm. I imagine since you are slowing the tempo down (rather than speeding it up) it's more prone to artifacts since Logic has to create interpolations to fill in time. Have you tried using a different Flex Mode for that track to see if it helps?

Upvote 0
Back