Logic 9 update, case in Snow Leopard?

Hi all,

I'm using SL 10.6.2 and I've just updated to Logic 9.1.1 and later I noticed something weird.

After the update done, I opened the application folder and found two (2) icons of Logic (9.1.1 & 9), Mainstage (2 and the updated version) and Logic Node. I opened each icon and all of them (the older & newer version) worked!
So to avoid confusion, I deleted the old versions and now I'm in the middle of cleaning them from the Trash.

My question, is it a normal case of updating Logic 9 in SL? Or I just need to update to 10.6.3?

I honestly confused by this behavior, so any thoughts are highly appreciated and thanks before!

Markdvc

Administrator
Staff member
This is indeed what is happening with the update from Logic 9.0.0, 9.0.1 or 9.0.2 to Logic 9.1, however, prior to this it was normal that a previous point version of logic would be replaced by a newer update.

Personally, it suits me, as I always make sure to copy "logic pro" somewhere else before updating it to a newer version, that way, I can revert back very simply. Going from 9.0.2 to 9.1.0, this turned out to be superfluous.

kind regards

Mark

Markdvc

Administrator
Staff member
AFAIK this is specific to logic, not to OSX 10.6.2 or 10.6.3, so, no, it should not happen if for example a new itunes update becomes available.

kind regards

Mark