Logic Pro 9 Logic 9 workflow vrs Ableton Live

Wapper

Logician
Hi Guys,

I have owened Logic & Live for a few years. Im making a second attempt at really getting in to Logic and making it my Sequencer of choice. I must say this time round seems more promising. I have always loved the native plugs and the look & feel of the sequencer but Ive always reverted back to live for the session view.

I was hoping to get some workflow production tips for Logic. I like making multiple clips in live in session of different patterns & variations and using them in the arrangement when I feel like it. Is there anything similar I can do in logic. I thought maybe put a copy of diffent regions in the bin then grab when needed but any ideas or help is appreciated : )

Jon

I sometimes keep a few muted tracks in the arrange page so I can copy-drag them to other tracks, to simulate pattern-based sequencing.

But, I have often wished that Logic had a real pattern-based mode. It would really speed up working in some styles of music.

I'm very comfortable in Logic, but I'm thinking about picking up Live. A friend used Logic to do his main compositions, and then took the finished tracks and mangled them in Live. He got great results that way.

Upvote 0
Back