Logic Pro 9 Logic Can't Find EWQLSO Gold

Billious

Logician
Hi there,

I've recently upgraded to Logic 9, bigger & faster HD, more RAM, etc. I've been transferring everything from the old HD manually, so I can leave out the 2.5 years of accumulated junk. Re-installed Akoustik Piano and EWQLSO Gold, and updated them. They both work fine in stand-alone mode, but when I try to use them from within Logic, Akoustik Piano is there, but Logic simply can't find EWQLSO Gold.

Does anyone know why this would be and, more importantly, what I can do about it?

More details: I did a custom install of EWQLSO Gold, leaving out the VST and RTAS versions but including the AU version. The 'puter's a Macbook 2.4GHz Core 2 Duo, 4GB RAM, OS 10.6.4, Logic 9.1.1

Any help would be most appreciated.

Cheers, Bill Canty

When I recently bought EWQLSO Silver, the package and documentation all referred to an authorization method that involved Challenge/Response, but apparently the Play plug-in only works with iLok now. Not sure if this is the problem you're having, but I was only able to discover this by trial-and-error, and I ended up with a red-faced tech at EW agreeing that stickering the box might be a good idea.

Upvote 0
Just to add to George's very sensible question, could it be that you tried to validate in 64 bit mode, and the EWQLSO player you installed is 32 bit only?

As an aside - this isn't directly related to your problem - bear in mind that, if you are using the EWQLSO with Kontakt in Logic, you need to load some EWQLSO preset in Kontakt standalone in order to complete authorisation before attempting in Logic.

kind regards

Mark

Upvote 0
When I recently bought EWQLSO Silver, the package and documentation all referred to an authorization method that involved Challenge/Response, but apparently the Play plug-in only works with iLok now. Not sure if this is the problem you're having...

Thanks for your response, Sonny, but I don't think that's the problem. It's the original version of EWQLSO, i.e. before Play was released, and I've easily been able to authorize it using N-I's Service Centre; it runs fine in stand-alone mode.

Cheers, Bill

Upvote 0
What version of Kontakt are you running? I have always had a real challenge installing and updating any of these old libraries.

Here are a few things I do know: go to NI's site and make sure to download the latest installer, and read all the notes about authorizing. If I remember, you have to authorize things first, but the authorizer app is not compatible, and will often crash during the process.

I am unsure IF you can actually do this anymore...

Upvote 0
Just to add to George's very sensible question, could it be that you tried to validate in 64 bit mode, and the EWQLSO player you installed is 32 bit only?

Thanks Mark. According to Logic's "About Logic Pro" window it's in 32-bit mode, and my EWQLSO version was bought, AFAIK, before 64-bit mode was available, so I'd be surprized if it even *can* run in 64-bit mode.

As an aside - this isn't directly related to your problem - bear in mind that, if you are using the EWQLSO with Kontakt in Logic, you need to load some EWQLSO preset in Kontakt standalone in order to complete authorisation before attempting in Logic.

I've tested in standalone and it works fine. Does it make any difference that I'm using Kompakt, not Kontakt?

Upvote 0
Bill,if it is Kompakt, this I believe is PPC only, so you won't be able to run it in Logic running natively on an Intel Mac.

FWIW, I have an older version of the EWQLSO Platinum orchestra. I authorized it using the Kompakt player that came with it running standalone in Rosetta on my Mac Pro, but I use it with the full version of Kontakt in Logic. If you don't have this, you could ask NI about whether your library will work with Kontakt Player 4

kind regards

Mark

Upvote 0
NI and Eastwest abandoned Kompakt years ago and haven't worked in Macs since around 2006. You need to use those libraries in the free Kontakt Player (or buy the full version of Kontakt).

Upvote 0
Thanks for the info, George and Mark! :)

That's it, mystery solved. Akoustik Piano works standalone *and* within Logic 9 because it's a UB. EWQLSO works standalone (under Rosetta, which I installed to run SoundDiver) but not within Logic.

Lesson learned: finish projects before the constant improvement of technology makes it impossible.

Cheers, Bill

Upvote 0
NI and Eastwest abandoned Kompakt years ago and haven't worked in Macs since around 2006. You need to use those libraries in the free Kontakt Player (or buy the full version of Kontakt).

Ah, f-erenc! Good to see you're still around! :)

Thanks for confirming what George and Mark have said.

Upvote 0
Back